Sunday, September 18, 2016

"Reflection on Place and Culture"

I live in Fortuna California. Here we get morning fog, and evening wind. This is my home, where i grew up. This town is very close, everyone knows almost everyone. I love the area, the forest, the small town, the area is calming and wonderfully beautiful. I like that it is a small town so you can walk around town and your friends houses aren't very far from were ever you are. The town has a classic small town culture, but me.. I cant wait to leave, as much as I love this town, I need to travel to see other parts of this world. I need to get lost to find myself. But enough about me, here in northern CA we have 100 feet tall redwoods that make up lot of our forests, its a humbling feeling to live near such giants.
But with a small town come small town problems. People just getting too nosy but I guess that happens everywhere right? One thing I wish was different would be that people even though we're in a small town were more culturally diverse like if I were to take a few people from around the world and they formed a town, so its culturally very rich and different ways of doing things. Because that's how you learn new, and  find the best ways to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment